AT Solid Rock Baptist Church WE STILL DO!
I have always referred to our church as a Bible-believing church, one that holds to the King James Version of the Holy Scriptures. But more than just that, we are a Gospel PREACHING and Bible TEACHING church. And we don’t just proclaim the cover of the Book, but we preach the content of the Book. We don’t just talk about the Bible, but we actually use the Book as our textbook for doctrine and daily life.
Currently this is what our church is doing when it comes to Bible teaching and preaching in our services.
SUNDAY SCHOOL classes:
· Mrs. Martin is teaching the pre-K children. She is going through basic Bible stories to familiarize them with the simple stories of the Bible.
· Bro. Randy Brou recently started teaching the adult class. He is going through the Pauline Epistles, and has just begun a verse-by-verse study of the book of Romans.
· The Pastor (Bro. Martin) began a Teenage Sunday School class this month. He is leading the young people in a study of “Nine Steps to Christian Maturity,” using the Chick Publications book “The Next Step.”
SUNDAY MORNING services:
· We are singing the old time hymns from out of the church songbook, led by our song leader and accompanied by our church pianist. We occasionally have someone sing a "special" usually aided by the piano or a guitar.
· The Pastor is preaching whatever Bible-based sermon he feels led by the Lord to bring before the people in the worship hour for that day. (Bro. Randy conducts a "Junior Church" for the little ones during this time 3 times per month.)
· The invitation time at the end of the service gives those in attendance the opportunity to come to an old fashioned altar. It is a time to present the lost with the chance to receive the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Savior, and for those with burdens to come and pray for their needs and the needs of others.
SUNDAY AFTERNOON services: After the morning services, we break for a church luncheon held in the fellowship hall. We partake of a light lunch, some Christian conversation, and then start up our second service at 1:30 PM. We sing a few songs, and then the Pastor preaches a short message before we dismiss. We usually finish the afternoon service no later than 2:15 PM.
The Pastor has been preaching through the Old Testament book of Genesis and this week he will be in the last part of chapter 8, dealing with the faith of Noah and how it applies to us today.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT PRAYER MEETING services:
· We meet at 7 PM on Wednesday nights for our Prayer Meeting and Bible Study and are usually done between 8:00 or 8:15 PM. We understand that people are busy, and have work and school and children to tend to, so we don’t keep people late (although some of our folks have been known to stay after the services just to fellowship).
· The first half hour is dedicated to prayer. We open with a couple of congregational songs, and then we take up prayer requests, which we then take time to pray for as a church.
· The second half hour is dedicated to Bible study. The Pastor is preaching through the New Testament book of Luke. We have just begun chapter 10 in this great book of the Bible.
SATURDAY MORNING OUTREACH: Those interested in evangelism and church growth meet at 9 AM on Saturday mornings. We basically canvass the surrounding neighborhoods and distribute Gospel literature and Church brochures. We speak to those we can, and leave tracts and invitations on their doors.
If you are interested in being part of a Bible-believing, Gospel preaching church, please consider trying out Solid Rock Baptist Church.